Classified title: Teaching Assistant
Working title: Teaching Assistant
Schedule (hours/days): From 6 pm to 8 pm ( 2nd and 4th Friday of the month)
Working Hours: We are staffing for Friday early evenings between 6:00-8:00 PM ( 2nd and 4th Friday of the month in Fall 2017, Spring 2018 TBD)
Pay is DOE$20 – 25 an hour
Speak To Connect is currently hiring for a Speech Communications Adjunct Instructor for our South Brunswick, NJ class.
Speak To Connect, is an after-school enrichment organization that strives to improve students’ communication skills. We offer a series of public speaking, leadership, entrepreneurship, writing, and reading classes to students in grades 7-12 in the South Brunswick, NJ.
We are currently seeking part-time Public Speaking teachers for our Fall 2017 classes and classes that start in January 2018.
Under the supervision of the founder and co-founder of the program, teachers will implement the approved curriculum and educational programs for students within their area of expertise. The position will instruct Public Speaking sessions as part of the Youth Leadership Education courses offered in various programs at Speak To Connect.
This is a fixed-term (renewable) position with a start date of November 10, 2017.
Primary teaching areas will be Public Speaking, Foundations of Public Speaking, and Communication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach students in a variety of speech formats
- Create a fun and supportive environment
- Use our proprietary curriculum and/or add your own lesson plans
- Dynamic, articulate, patient, reliable, fun-loving, professional
- Enjoy working with students of all ages- Ability to create a fun and supportive environment- Enjoy working with small class sizes
- Conduct classroom learning experiences with applicable procedures by
o Serving as moderator/facilitator
- Assist in preparing each session prior and make necessary materials in advanced (Instruction will be provided)
- Review materials for content accuracy
- Work with the team to get the class room lesson made in advance and deliver online to rehearse with the team (for internal use only)
o Provide other activities as appropriate
- Maintain student satisfaction and retention by
o Providing a caring and supportive learning environment
o Relating current learning to student and parent expectations
- Ability to adapt readily to change.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and virtually.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Online teaching and facilitation skills (Not required, good to have)
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies.